Q. Can Montral and Levolin syrup be given to children to treat wet cough?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

My son has a wet cough with blocked nose having no fever. The doctor has prescribed medicines like Montral syrup and Levolin syrup and Metaspray nasal spray but no relief until date. I also medicate him with nasal drops of Otrivin. Please advise me whether can he continue with the same medicines. Please advise accordingly.

#

Your son's symptoms are most probably due to viral upper respiratory infection which is not a serious condition.

The medications prescribed are sufficient but you have to watch for fever and the color and amount of excreted phlegm.

I suggest you add an expectorant like Ambroxol Syrup 5 mL three times per day which will help him to excrete the formed phlegm. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

Follow up within one week.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|