Q. Please advise the best medication for creatinine level of 2.

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
Published on Sep 20, 2019

My creatinine level is 2.0. What is the best medication?

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal

General Medicine HIV/AIDS Specialist Internal Medicine
#

This indicates diabetic nephropathy (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It means your kidneys have been affected by the long standing diabetes and you need to avoid drugs which are primarily metabolized and excreted via kidneys. Metformin should be avoided in near future and consider replacing it with Insulin shots. Consult your Nephrologist to streamline your drugs and dosages and dietary modifications as applicable and remain on follow up.

My M2-PK level is 150. Does it mean that I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My M2-PK is 150. Does it mean that I have cancer? There was no pain, just a regular checkup. Kindly help.  Read Full »

My creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for hig...  Read Full »

My uric acid levels and albumin levels are high. Are my kidneys damaged?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male with a BMI of 26. During a recent health checkup of blood and urine, the following readings were observed. I have mentioned only the ones who have the higher readings. Protein 1+ detected in dipstick, serum uric acid at 9.2 mg/dL, MPV at 12.5 fL, FBS at 112 mg/...  Read Full »