Q. My CRP level is 8. 3. Does it mean anything serious?

I am a 19 year old male. I lately made blood and urine test to check my kidneys and liver. Thankfully, I found everything to be within the normal range except for the C-reactive protein serum, and it was 8.3 mg/L. I would like to know what that mean. Also, I am feeling cramps in my stomach, kidneys and sometimes, in the heart. I smoke cigarettes and guess this information might help. Thanks in advance.

#

All your reports are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) except CRP (c-reactive protein). It is a marker of inflammation in the body. It indicates that some damage is going on in the body and your case it is because of smoking. It also indicates that you are at a higher risk of cardiac disease, so now the priority for you is to cut on smoking and then stop gradually. The cramp is probably due to gastritis and acidity. CRP does not cause cramps. You can get prescribed by your doctor tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast once a day for two weeks. Avoid fatty, oily food and a high-calorie diet. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals consisting of lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits.instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Avoid smoking and also alcohol if any.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|