Q. My downward curved penis and weak corpus spongiosum muscle preventing erection. Kindly help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have downward curved penis and the corpus spongiosum muscle is not hard erect during erection.

#

Down curvature of the penis is called chordee (ventral chordee). It is either congenital (since birth) or acquired developed later due to stricture or trauma. It is usually accompanied by shifting of the urethral opening. I need a picture of your penis and urethral opening in erect and flaccid phases. As the degree of chordee will decide the treatment plan.

Treatment varies from shockwave to the fibrotic part to collagenase injections to corrective surgery. It depends on the degree and angle of curvature, and the position of the urethral opening will need a picture to see. Regarding the erection issue, if it is only soft corpus spongiosum, it is likely to be a psychogenic type due to stress. It will be alright once you do correction for the curvature. Please follow with the picture in a flaccid and erect position.

During an erection, the corpus spongiosum and glans penis was not harder. It is flaccid, and I am unable to maintain an erection without manual stimulation.

#

Seeing your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I certainly can say you do not need curvature treatment. Your treatment is required for erectile dysfunction. You can start tablet Sildenafil 50 mg twice weekly. Taking tablets should be on an empty stomach and one hour before intercourse. There is a test you need to do on follow up, which is testosterone level. Please update me after test results and let me know if you have diabetes, hypertension, or long-term medications.

|