Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. My downward curved penis and weak corpus spongiosum muscle preventing erection. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have downward curved penis and the corpus spongiosum muscle is not hard erect during erection.



Welcome to

Down curvature of the penis is called chordee (ventral chordee). It is either congenital (since birth) or acquired developed later due to stricture or trauma. It is usually accompanied by shifting of the urethral opening. I need a picture of your penis and urethral opening in erect and flaccid phases. As the degree of chordee will decide the treatment plan.

Treatment varies from shockwave to the fibrotic part to collagenase injections to corrective surgery. It depends on the degree and angle of curvature, and the position of the urethral opening will need a picture to see. Regarding the erection issue, if it is only soft corpus spongiosum, it is likely to be a psychogenic type due to stress. It will be alright once you do correction for the curvature. Please follow with the picture in a flaccid and erect position.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

During an erection, the corpus spongiosum and glans penis was not harder. It is flaccid, and I am unable to maintain an erection without manual stimulation.



Welcome back to

Seeing your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I certainly can say you do not need curvature treatment. Your treatment is required for erectile dysfunction. You can start tablet Sildenafil 50 mg twice weekly. Taking tablets should be on an empty stomach and one hour before intercourse. There is a test you need to do on follow up, which is testosterone level. Please update me after test results and let me know if you have diabetes, hypertension, or long-term medications.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is it safe to take unbranded herbal tablets for short and curved penis?
What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?
Is it normal to have headache after taking Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why am I having problems with erection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male with a weight of 85 kg and a height of 5 feet 10 inches. Recently, I was not able to get an erection while doing sex and was also ejaculating very soon. This happened two days ago with my current partner while we were having sex for the first time and also with...  Read Full »

Why am I not having a proper erection?

Query: Hello doctor, How are you doing? I hope you are good. My age is 29, from the last 8 to 9 days, I did not have a proper erection. This did not happen with me earlier. I am a bit worried because of this issue, also I am sleeping at 4 O'clock in the morning and waking up at 9 O'clock in the morning. Pl...  Read Full »

Apart from surgery, is there anything to correct curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a downward curve on my penis. It seems that when I am erect the raphe on the underside is keeping it from being straight. It is not painful, but it does affect my sex life. I am unable to have sex in certain sexual positions such as missionary because of the tension on the undersid...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.