Q. Can someone have Cushing's and Addison's disease?

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

I am having vertigo, water retention, muscle weakness, muscle pain all over, tired, weight gain (obesity), severe mood swings, depression and swelling face, feet, stomach, etc. Can someone have Cushing and Addison disease? Can they have both? My cortisol levels fluctuate. Can be very low or high? Currently taking Paroxetine, Zyprexa, Metroprolol, Amlodipine, when needed, Lamotrigine. At times when I do not take my medications, I cannot function nor concentrate and I still get retention.

#

I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it is seldom that Cushing’s disease and Addison’s disease occur together. The results that you have provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity) could be attributed to the stress levels endured by your body over time and the various medications that you are prescribed. You can benefit with salt-restricted diet. Regular brisk walk 45 to 60 minutes daily and a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables and avoiding junk food. You could do a 24-hour urinary cortisol measurement as well again after a few weeks.

For more information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Do you suspect that I have Cushing or Addison disease? If so which one? Why?

#

According to your Dexamethasone suppression test which is a diagnostic test to determine whether you have Cushing’s syndrome or not, is currently normal. So you do not have any of the two conditions. However, the symptoms are there and they are due to stress-induced cortisol levels. So once you destress yourself then the symptoms will start to diminish.

|