HomeAnswersUrologycut in the scrotumI have scrotal pain after being hit. Please help.

I have pain and edema after being hit in the scrotum. Will my fertility be affected?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 20, 2017
Reviewed AtFebruary 6, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I got hit in the right scrotum three months back. I underwent an ultrasound and my report reads: minimal hydrocele, and the scrotal wall appears edematous. This was on my right scrotum. The left one is normal. On the doctor's advice, I took Akeso, Chymoral, Hetrazan tablets for two weeks. I suffered huge pain on alternate days for the first month. The pain gradually decreased. Now after two months, I went for an ultrasound again. This time my report reads: grade-1 varicocele seen on both side, and mild diffuse scrotal edema in the anteroinferior aspect (thickness 0.31 inch) on right. I took Banocide forte and vitamin tablets.

Now, I feel mild pain on sexual arousal in my right scrotum, mild pain while touching the exact site of injury on the right side. I have irritation and hotness after prolonged sitting. The left is normal. I cannot ride my bike due to this. Also, will masturbation worsen the condition? Should I stop it? I used to do it two to three times a week. Will my condition affect my fertility? Will I get complete recovery from my pain and condition? I am worried. Expecting your reply soon.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

First of all, trauma on the testis is very common. As it is a very sensitive structure, pain and discomfort will be there and will persist for some weeks to months also. As your ultrasound is normal, it will not affect your fertility. So, do not worry. I suggest you take a painkiller like tablet Voveran SR (Diclofenac) 75 mg in the morning and evening when you feel increased pain. Wear a scrotal support, so that the testis should not hang loosely. Avoid lifting weights. You can masturbate, but avoid any sort of trauma on your testis. You will get cured, but it may take some time.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

Sorry, I forgot to mention my age. I am a 22-year-old student. Will my grade-1 varicocele go away? Will it affect my fertility? Will I get complete recovery from edema? When can I start riding a bike? My report is attached. Please help me.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

A grade-1 varicocele will not affect your fertility. It may take some time for the edema to resolve. You can continue Banocide forte (Diethylcarbamazine) and take above precautions which I told. You can drive bike, but not for long distance.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai
Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy