Q. I am having a cyst above my nose for about a year. Kindly tell me what to do.

Dr. Shama Naaz

I am having a cyst above my nose in between the eyebrows for about a year and it is not going away. Kindly help.

#

Please tell me the following details:

1) Do you have any symptoms associated with the cyst?

2) For example, does it bleed on touching?

3) Did your dermatologist recommend you any test like dermoscopy?

4) Immediately after laser treatment, did it go away, or did it slowly came back?

It sometimes bleeds, but only if I picked it. But right now, it is hard in texture. I did a dermoscopy. It slowly came back after the laser. Are there any other remedies to get this away for good besides visiting a dermatologist?

#

Do you have the dermoscopy report?

This type of long-duration skin lesion (on observation) could be benign skin lesions like pyogenic granuloma, sebaceous cyst, acquired mole, or other skin tumors.

My advice would be to get it removed at the doctor’s office after confirmation of diagnosis because-

1) Even if you try home remedies, the chance of a long duration bump going away is less. As a result, there could be incomplete removal or chances of infection. Also, there can be a possibility of scarring or pigmentation, which would further require more treatments to get rid of it.

2) It could change into another pathology if it is untreated for a long time. Sometimes simple sebaceous cyst has a rare possibility of causing sepsis or turning malignant. If you cannot get treatment right away, you can plan in the future.

I have only given an insight into what could happen and what you should do to avoid any future complications (however rare that could be).

|