Q. Can De Quervain's syndrome cause nerve damage?

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am feeling burning in the wrist. I had De Quervain's release six months ago. Can one have nerve damage as a result of De Quervain's syndrome? I am currently on Exemestane.

#

• De Quervain's tenosynovitis is purely an entrapment tendinitis of the tendons contained within the first dorsal compartment at the wrist. It causes pain during thumb motion.
  • After the release procedure, you should feel relief. Sometimes the healing takes time, and you may feel some residual pain.
  • Nerve damage associated with it is not that common though it cannot be entirely ruled out.
  • You can take supplements of Vitamin B complex to help the healing process. Take care.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|