Q. My poop is normal but I am worried about the frequency. Please advise.

Dr. Sudeb Mukherjee

I have been defecating four to five times a day for the last four to five months. I have not sensed any symptoms like fatigue, weight loss, or blood in the stool. The poop is completely normal. I am worried about the frequency.

#

• It seems to be a case of functional diarrhea. An abnormal passage of a small volume stool at an increased frequency is most likely due to rectal urgency.
  • You can get the stool tested for OPC (ova/parasite/cyst). If it is negative, do not worry. There is nothing abnormal.
  • Decrease the carbohydrate content of your diet. That might be helpful.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 
1 out of 1 likes