Stool Culture

How reliable is the tri-dot test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was suffering from extreme fatigue last month, so I got a Widal test, which was positive. I have had typhoid many times earlier, and two years back I got hepatitis. Last month I got LFT and CBC tests, and I am attaching the reports. LFT was normal, while CBC shows lymphopenia and macro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had seen the reports that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your CBC (complete blood count) reports, neutrophils are very high and lymphocytes count is low, which is suggestive of some acute infection in the body. Here, as the lymp...  Read Full »

I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. I am 41 years old, an average height of 5 feet 9 inches and 74 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms are indicating candida infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Should determine by stool culture and sensitivity testing for candida. Plus, should run upper endoscopy to rule out acid reflux. For the moment, I advise taking probiotics to stabilize intestin...  Read Full »

Tests for stomach pain revealed a high eosinophil count. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a stomach ache from the last two months. It got worsened last week and I was admitted to a hospital. A lot of tests were done. The CBC revealed eosinophilia. The gastroscopy revealed an edematous duodenum. A duodenal biopsy was taken. I have attached my biopsy report. I want to u...  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your biopsy report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and the findings were normal. There is nothing to be worried about. You will need to use PPI's (proton pump inhibitors) to improve your symptoms. Regarding your eosinophilia, it may be el...  Read Full »

Which bacteria can cause diarrhea? How to identify them?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from loose stools and diarrhea for a long time. Can you tell me what bacteria are present in the human fecal sample?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are lots of bacteria present in the stool such as staphylococcus, E.coli, Vibrio, Campylobacter, Shigella, and clostridia. To identify the causative bacteria, a stool culture can be done. For more information consult a pathologist online --> https://www.iclini...  Read Full »

My poop is normal but I am worried about the frequency. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been defecating four to five times a day for the last four to five months. I have not sensed any symptoms like fatigue, weight loss, or blood in the stool. The poop is completely normal. I am worried about the frequency.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudeb Mukherjee Mukherjee

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a case of functional diarrhea. An abnormal passage of a small volume stool at an increased frequency is most likely due to rectal urgency. You can get the stool tested for OPC (ova/parasite/cyst). If it is negative, do not worry. There is nothing abnorma...  Read Full »

Can gastrointestinal infection last for three months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, and I am concerned about my health. I had an episode of possible food-borne illness, three months back. That time, I had shivers, fluttering pain in lower abdomen, fever, and high bilirubin. The symptoms have gone, except for occasional fluttering. My bilirubi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely, it is gastroenteritis or stomach flu. Gastroenteritis is inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract that involves the stomach and small intestine. Signs and symptoms include diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, backache, lack of energy, and dehydration. How...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from chronic amebiasis. Kindly help me to get it cured permanently.

Query: Hi doctor,I have been suffering from chronic amebiasis from childhood. I am now 47 years old. Mucous problem is there most of the time. I cannot be able to digest spicy and fried foods. And, I cannot tolerate acidic food items. I am taking medicines like Norfloxacin TZ and digestive enzyme tablet. E...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I suggest you undergo a stool culture followed by drug sensitivity test. The result will provide you with the exact medication that your infection is sensitive to.Also, it will provide the medications that you should avoid as your infection will be resistant to.Kindly cons...  Read Full »

Why do I keep having an upper abdominal pain after I eat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from an upper abdominal pain. It feels like winding as if I am being kicked repeatedly. I feel this pain mainly after I eat. It all started last week, but it was very mild for two days. But, then it got much worse the next day. Then next day, the pain became so bad that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an ailment called as gastroenteritis. It is also commonly referred to as stomach flu. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, ac...  Read Full »