Q. I have been married for eight months now. Why am I not getting pregnant?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 15, 2021

I am trying to conceive. I have completed my eight months of marriage. I am trying daily from the first month, but I cannot get pregnant. Please help.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. Getting pregnant is a joint decision and effort of a couple. So firstly, stop thinking that you are in any way guilty if you are not getting pregnant. We recommend infertility treatment for women above 30 years of age after naturally trying for a year. But you are below 30 years of age. So you should not categorize yourself under infertility patients so early. Hope for the best and have faith. In the meantime,

1. Calculate your ovulation cycle and do alternate day intercourse.

2. During ovulation, keep a check on your blood sugar, thyroid, and blood pressure levels.

3. Start taking Duphaston (Dydrogesterone) from the 14th day of your cycle.

4. Whenever you feel pregnant, I request you to take a urine pregnancy test with the first urine for an accurate result. Do not drink too much fluid before your test. Adhere to all the guidelines written on the package of the pregnancy test kit. Do not worry. Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information.

|