Q. I had Primolut-N and I-pill and still there is a delay in period. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 28, 2020

I took Primolut-N for six days as I was going out for the vacation. My boyfriend fingered me and before that he touched his penis. So, we got tensed regarding pregnant. I took an I-pill also within 72 hours. But, I did not get my regular period this time. Am I pregnant?

#

• By taking an I-pill (emergency contraceptive pill - a high dose progesterone), you have further delayed your menses. Otherwise, it would have started within five to eight days after finishing Primolut-N (Norethisterone).
  • Now, you may have to wait another 7 to 10 days from the day you took I-pill for withdrawal bleed to start.
  • However, the chances of pregnancy are minimal. But, you should get a serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test done after seven days to rule out pregnancy conclusively.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »

Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»