Q. I had Primolut-N and I-pill and still there is a delay in period. Why?

I took Primolut-N for six days as I was going out for the vacation. My boyfriend fingered me and before that he touched his penis. So, we got tensed regarding pregnant. I took an I-pill also within 72 hours. But, I did not get my regular period this time. Am I pregnant?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• By taking an I-pill (emergency contraceptive pill - a high dose progesterone), you have further delayed your menses. Otherwise, it would have started within five to eight days after finishing Primolut-N (Norethisterone).
  • Now, you may have to wait another 7 to 10 days from the day you took I-pill for withdrawal bleed to start.
  • However, the chances of pregnancy are minimal. But, you should get a serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test done after seven days to rule out pregnancy conclusively.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|