Q. Is it difficult to conceive with hormonal imbalance?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Delayed Period or Menstrual Cycle? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was diagnosed with PCOS and my insulin and prolactin levels are 30.9 and 60 respectively. My doctor put me on Glucophage and Prolactin for these before two months. I got my periods on the same month. But, until now no signs of periods. I have mild thigh pain, heaviness in my stomach, light stomach pain and bloating. My doctor told me that if I do not get my periods in the next five days, then she will go for a pregnancy test. I am really scared of thinking about my pregnancy with these hormonal imbalances. Is my imbalance too high that it will take time to conceive or to make my periods normal?