Q. My period is irregular as I skipped placebo pills before a month. Kindly advice.

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

I usually would get my period on placebo pills on the third day, and I skipped my period by not taking placebo pills for a couple of months. I started to take them again and had my period last month, and this month I am on the third day, but it has not come. Could my body just be changing? Is it normal to get my period farther into the placebo pills?

Dr. Alison A. Rodriguez

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, what you are experiencing is very common, especially if you have been on the pills for a while. The birth control pill will actually thin the lining of the uterus over time, and many women barely have any bleeding during the placebo week, we sometimes call these pill periods as it is often just some very light spotting or brown discharge.

It is ok if you do not have bleeding during the placebo week, as long as you have been taking your pills every day and you are sure you are not pregnant.

| 

Missed or delayed periods after taking I-Pill? Is it due to pregnancy or amenorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took I-pill within two hours. She had bleeding for three to six days after having sex and she missed her periods till now.I have heard about the disease amenorrhea, it might also be the side effect of I-pill in some cases. Is this a pregnan...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »