Q. Shall I take Aspirin with honey to induce period?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

I am 20 years old. I had unprotected sex on the 10th day of my period and then took Unwanted 72 within an hour. Now my period has been delayed by 12 days. The pregnancy test done after 10 days of missing period is negative. But, I am getting pimples, bloated stomach and white vaginal discharge. I had Unwanted 72 before six months once and that time my period delayed 10 days. Which medicine will bring my period as soon as possible? Shall I use Aspirin with honey?

#

• If you did not get a withdrawal bleed within 7 to 10 days of taking the Unwanted 72 pill, then the next best thing to do is to get a serum beta hCG test done. It is a blood test for ruling out pregnancy conclusively as of now.
  • If the hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels are less than 3 mIU/mL, then you are surely not pregnant. In that case you can opt for a withdrawal bleed with progesterones to allow resumption of your menses.
  • Also, Aspirin and honey will not help. Please get a serum beta hCG test done first and review with reports.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

If I am not pregnant, then which medicine should I opt to get menses?

#

• Once hCG confirms that you are not pregnant, then you have to take Progesterone medicine for five days and then in next 5 to 7 days from the last dose of Progesterone you should get your menses.
  • But, there is a possibility that your menses may start naturally in the next few days if hCG is negative. Considering the symptoms that you are experiencing are part of PMS (premenstrual syndrome) and shall indicate the start of menses.
  • If hCG is negative, then you can actually wait for a week before taking Progesterones to allow menses to start naturally.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|