Q. Will I-pill cause any fertility problem in the future?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2020

I am a 27 years old female. I had unprotected sex and then had an I-pill. I had my periods on then 1st of last month and then had spotting on the 17th. But, I have not got my periods till now. I had all tests and everything was normal.

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Have you done blood test to detect pregnancy? When did you have unprotected intercourse and when you took I-pill?
  • Your detailed clinical history will help me to guide you further.

Revert back with a detailed history to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I had my last period on 1st of last month and had intercourse on the 10th. Within one hour, I took the I-pill. But, before having the last period, I took one more I-pill that may be probably between 15 and 17. Here, I have uploaded all my test reports that I have done yet. But, presently I am taking Deviry as suggested by doctor. I want to have my period naturally. I am having 22 to 28 day cycle. I am tensed. Please suggest some medicine.

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since your pregnancy test is negative and you are on tablet Deviry (Medroxyprogesterone), I would suggest you to go for tablet Deviry for 10 days twice a day. Once you stop tablet you will get period after 5 to 10 days.

Do not worry about this as stress can also delay periods.

Your blood reports are normal. Sometimes, I-pill can cause hormonal imbalance and delay periods.

You will get periods naturally. Wish you good luck.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Will I-pill cause any infertility problem in the near future? Can you suggest when I would have my probable period? Please help me out. Yes, I am very much stressed. Should I continue Deviry after getting periods?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Use of I-pill will not create any problem in getting pregnant. But, it is not a good idea to use I-pill every time.
  • You will get periods once you stop tablet. After stopping Deviry you will get period within 7-10 days.
  • One more thing, please get an ultrasound done. If it shows ovarian cyst, then that can cause delayed period and you need to take different tablet to get period in such situation.

|