Dental Cyst

A tiny painless protrusion found in the gum above the left canine tooth. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Just above my upper left canine tooth, in the gum, a tiny protrusion of tooth or bone (painless) can be felt with the finger. The gum surrounding the protrusion is slightly raised, but the whole thing is only about 2 mm in diameter. No other symptoms or visual abnormalities. I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if you remember any history of injury to the site? And how long have you been noticing this? Did it increase or decrease in size or observed any color change? There are 2-3 probabilities in your case as much I can make out from photograph/your a...  Read Full »

I have a cyst in the root of my incisor. Can it be removed through root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cyst on the root of a upper incisor. My dentist has sent me to the dental hospital, but they have said that they would not do anything, and to either have the tooth removed or see a specialist. Can my dentist do a normal root canal to remove the cyst, and why has he sent me to...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cyst on your tooth means it is a chronic infection. You may be asymptomatic. In severe cases, a tooth may need to removed along with the cyst. However, it is possible (depending on the size, location, etc. of the cyst as seen on x-ray) to do a root canal along with...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. If it is giving you any sort of problem or giving you discomfort, you need to remove it immediately. There are chances of cyst formation in some cases too, if the impaction is not treated. You can dela...  Read Full »

I have a cyst in root canal treated tooth. Should I get it removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the first upper molar root canal treated 15 years ago. It has undergone two root canals treatment but does it seem incomplete? I did a CBCT and it shows a cyst and sinusitis although I have not that much pain. I am 41 and the dentist told me that I have bone resorption at the up...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At first, I appreciate you because you have so much awareness of your oral health. The life span of normal root canal treated tooth is 5 to 6 years. If you have 15-year-old treated tooth, it means you are so health conscious and take care of your oral hygiene. My opi...  Read Full »

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have a cyst formation associated with the impacted tooth according to the images. In some cases, by orthodontic treatment, the tooth can be exposed, and they are brought to a...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for dentigerous cyst and odontoma present in my lower gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been detected with a dentigerous cyst and compound odontoma inside my lower gums. I have been advised for removal of the cyst and to have a biopsy of the cyst for odontoma. I do not have pain and swelling. I visited a dentist before few months where I took an X-ray. We found a sma...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the cysts are small, they can be left untreated. But the problem is that the cysts can create an infection later. They can also cause more issues like tooth mobility, bone loss or any other transformation. So it is better to remove it. Odontomas are developmental. Th...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for dental cysts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two cysts in relation to upper right canine and premolar. Since I did not know anything about it, I ignored it. But last year I got an OPG, and I saw the cysts in it. I do not have pain or swelling, but whenever I touch the root of the upper teeth on the gums, I feel a sensation...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a cystic lesion extending from your upper right canine to the last molar. Maxillary sinus floor is also involved. Enucleation is a surgical procedure to remove the cystic lesion, depending on the cyst siz...  Read Full »

My wisdom tooth is coming out and it is a bit painful. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I have a dental issue. My wisdom tooth is coming out and it is a bit painful. Although the pain has reduced, I guess there is an infection. There is a cyst underneath my jaw.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, regarding the swelling, which you assume to be a cyst could be a lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph node). It shows that there is some inflammation or infection process going on. Regarding the wisdom tooth, if it has space and is in a correct position, it wil...  Read Full »

I feel a pressure on my gum if I press the area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,When I press the area on my face under my right nostril, I get a pressure on my upper gum inside my mouth which hurts real bad. When I do not press on it, my right front tooth hurts, like a toothache or pressure.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have an abscess or a cyst. You need to see a dentist for a visual and physical examination. It needs to be ascertained whether there is any cavity or an abscess related to any front teeth using an X-ray as soon as possible. For more information consult a dent...  Read Full »

I have two cysts on my upper jaw and a soft tissue growth in my maxillary sinuses. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have two cysts on my right upper jaw on tooth number 3 and 4. I have attached the OPG x-ray of that area. I also have a soft tissue growth in my right and left maxillary sinuses. Under these circumstances, what should I do? Should I visit a dentist or an oral surgeon? Please tell me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen both the x-rays that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears like two cysts are present in the maxilla in the 13, 14, and 15 regions. This is most likely a periapical cyst. It has a distinct radiopaque (white) border. ...  Read Full »