Q. Are depression, overthinking, excessive or less sleep, and headache symptoms of pyscho?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I am a 21-year-old female. I am undergoing deep depression and overthinking. Excessive sleep or sleepless nights. Severe headache and spinal cord pain and knots in various body parts. Am I becoming a pyscho?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

You appear to be stressed, which can be affecting your mood and cause bodily symptoms. You are not becoming a psycho. Speak to your family or parents about your problems. Do not struggle by keeping things to yourself. Speak to a trusted person. Try to address any ongoing issues that may be causing more stress. Try deep breathing techniques and progressive muscle relaxation exercises to manage stress. Sometimes counseling or therapy may be needed. Medication can be used as well if symptoms are severe.

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article

I am diagnosed of psychosis NOS. Is there a possibility of withdrawal psychosis when antipsychotics are discontinued?

Query: Hi, I am diagnosed of Psychosis (NOS). The first episode was in 2010 and it lasted for three-four months before I was taken to a psychiatrist. I had been thinking that people are tracking me through email, internet. My mobile phone is tapped and all that. I did not get any auditory or visual halluci...  Read Full »

I suffer from insomnia. What can be done to get a good sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from insomnia that had increased in the last year. I used a lot of medications that were prescribed to me by my local physicians such as (Diazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, and Mirtazapine). Initially, it is useful at the beginning and then insomnia returned. I also follow a beha...  Read Full »