HomeAnswersPsychiatrydepressionHow do I convey to my parents that I am depressed?

How to overcome depression and loneliness?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 14, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 10, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

Since as a kid, when I was mad or sad, I used to cry alone and hit myself, always thinking that I did not deserve this family till now. When I was mad, I cried, and my grades dropped. Being one of the lowest students, my parents thought I was playing around. I always cried whenever there was a big test, and my parents said that I was overacting and I should know how to deal with depression, but they do not know that I am fighting to overcome depression. They always see me as a happy and stubborn child. It is not that I do not want to succeed.

Please help.

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand what you are going through right now. You are developing as a submissive and introverted child. With time, your personality develops, although a detailed assessment is required. As per your description, you have always taken the blame for something wrong around you. If you feel low, cry out. It would be best if you had some counseling and therapy, which may help you to overcome all these shortcomings. Vent it out if some stressors are there in your life. If you want my help, I would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Dr. Vandana Patidar


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy