Q. I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Are my blood sugar levels normal?

I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I have done glucose challenge test (GCT) one hour and the result was 174 and glucose challenge test (GCT) two hours was 174 with 82.5 grams glucose but fasting plasma glucose was 82, HbA1c 5.5 and estimated average blood glucose level was 111.15. But I did these tests at 10 weeks and our doctor said this is high sugar and sent to an endocrinologist to show our test report but when we met with him during consultation he said this was not appropriate time (10 weeks) for glucose test as you did this earlier and he recommended to do the same test only at 24 to 28 weeks, and there is nothing to worry he said.

I am worried about this confusion as both the doctors gave different advise. Kindly help me to overcome this situation and what to do next for my baby and for me. My doctor also said to go for NT scan and double marker test. Kindly reply me I am waiting for your fruitful advice.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you are absolutely fine. Your endocrinologist has given you the right advice. Let me give you a few facts as per WHO and world standards:

1. Glucose challenge test is done at 26 to 28 weeks only, by making you have 50 gm glucose dissolved in water (with no fasting or prior preparation). After one hour, your blood sugar is checked. Any value below 140 mg/dl is normal. There is no usage of 82.5 gm.
  2. HbA1c is normal up to 6.5 %.
  3. At 10 weeks, just a random sugar is enough.
  4. NT (nuchal translucency) and a double marker is just a routine. This does not indicate there is a problem.

You and your baby are absolutely fine. You do not need to worry. Trust me you are absolutely fine, nothing needs to be done. Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if any more queries and for your feedback.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|