Q. What should I do if my mom's diabetes medicine causes hypoglycemia?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetes Management or Hypoglycemia? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Her first blood sugar test report was at 437. Now, after three months, the fasting level is 86. Last month fasting was 105 and post-prandial was 120. She is taking half a tablet of Glimepiride 2 mg and Metformin 1000 mg both twice a day. She follows a strict diet. Now I am worried about the possibility of hypoglycemia and unsure if she is considered a diabetic or not?