Q. Can diabetes medication cause exhaustion and weakness?

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

My mom is a diabetic patient. She is given Glimser forte 1 and Glytrin met 1000 for her current blood sugar condition by a diabetologist. From last two days, she is feeling exhausted and very weak. Is it because of the tablets or any other reasons?

#

If she has started feeling so after the medicines have been started, it is as the dose might be high for her and her sugar levels are going too low. You can check it on your glucometer if you have one. Please meet your diabetologist for dose adjustment as soon as possible. Also, when she experiences such episodes, immediately give her some sugar or hard candy. Just as high sugar is not good for the body, very low sugars are also not good. So please do not delay and meet your doctor at the earliest.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|