Exhaustion

Why do I feel fatigue in hot weather?

Query: Hello doctor, I am actually facing some weakness issues since 2 or 3 days. I am a self-employed guy, my work timings are quite odd like 10 pm to 5 am. I wake up by 12 pm and then work from 2 pm - 8 pm (this includes working, meetings, get together with friends and coffee). I do not prefer eating out...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please find my observations below. It appears that your body is not prepared for the heat conditions prevailing in your place. Since you have work schedules which start in the early afternoon, it is possible that you got dehydrated with electrolyte loss which might hav...  Read Full »

Can diabetes medication cause exhaustion and weakness?

Query: Hello doctor,My mom is a diabetic patient. She is given Glimser forte 1 and Glytrin met 1000 for her current blood sugar condition by a diabetologist. From last two days, she is feeling exhausted and very weak. Is it because of the tablets or any other reasons?  Read Full »

Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she has started feeling so after the medicines have been started, it is as the dose might be high for her and her sugar levels are going too low. You can check it on your glucometer if you have one. Please meet your diabetologist for dose adjustment as soon as pos...  Read Full »

I have low mental exhaustion threshold. I am unable to concentrate. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My brain is getting exhausted after reading books or journals or watching movies or TV continuously for few hours. My mental exhaustion threshold is 80 to 85 % less than that of the normal person. It lasts for two to five days or more depending on the intensity. During that time my min...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurav Arora

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keeping your symptoms in view, my suggestions are as follows: The mind is related to our lifestyle and thinking. Try to relax and give yourself some time in between the things to avoid brain exhaustion. Try to make a timeline to reduce your stress and not to add. You can ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel weak and anemic even though my RBC count is high?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find the attachment of my blood report. I am concerned that I may be suffering from anemia. I have fatigue and weakness from many months. I also have a tingling feeling in my legs and hands.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are not having anemia as per the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your Hb level is within the limit. So, you do not require a treatment for anemia. You can have thalassemia minor or a similar condition in which the RBC (red blood cell) c...  Read Full »

Why am I constantly sick and tired?

Query: Hi doctor, I keep having these waves of feeling sick and tired with no energy for about six weeks now.  Read Full »

Dr. Murali R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feeling tired or sick may have lots of causes. More information from you may help in giving a diagnosis.  The causes could be:  The most common cause is anemia. Do a complete blood picture to rule it out. Record your temperature to check for a fever or an infection...  Read Full »

What is microcytic normochromic anemia?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a full blood count done and the report mentioned that there were microcytic normochromic cells noted. What does the report mean? Am I anemic or vitamin deficient? What do I do to get better? What are the concerning signs from this report? I do usually feel fatigued and lazy. How can...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Microcytic RBC (red blood cell) means that the size of the RBC is decreased. Usually, it is seen in iron deficiency anemia. But, your hemoglobin level is within the range. So, anemia is ruled out. Excess stress, anxiety, being overworked, lack of exercise, lack of slee...  Read Full »