Q. How can we manage diabetes with proper drug and diet?

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

I am diabetic for past four years. I am taking Tablet Glynase MF for diabetes. My FBS is 200 mg/dL, PPBS is 300 mg/dL and Hba1c is 8 %.

Kindly provide proper drug and diet for managing blood sugar.

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal

Diabetology
#

Follow the diabetic diet and exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.

Here is a sample diet to help you understand the diet.

• Early Morning: Green tea (sugarless), Breakfast: Nonfried preparations or whole wheat bread or vegetable poha, upma, idli sambhar.
  • Mid-Morning: Fruits (avoid carbohydrate-rich fruits like grapes, banana, custard apple and watermelon).
  • Lunch: Two roti with gravy, one bowl with dal or skimmed curd or one bowl with salad.
  • Evening Snacks: Tea or Coffee (sugarless) with high fiber biscuits or Sprouts in one bowl.
  • Dinner: Two chapattis with vegetable, or one glass of skimmed buttermilk or salad in one bowl.

Continue your ongoing treatment and also take Tablet Volibo 0.2 mg (voglibose) twice a day before lunch and dinner for seven days.

Follow up after seven days with your fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|