Q. How can we manage diabetes with proper drug and diet?

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Published on Aug 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

I am diabetic for past four years. I am taking Tablet Glynase MF for diabetes. My FBS is 200 mg/dL, PPBS is 300 mg/dL and Hba1c is 8 %.

Kindly provide proper drug and diet for managing blood sugar.

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal

Diabetology
#

Follow the diabetic diet and exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.

Here is a sample diet to help you understand the diet.

• Early Morning: Green tea (sugarless), Breakfast: Nonfried preparations or whole wheat bread or vegetable poha, upma, idli sambhar.
  • Mid-Morning: Fruits (avoid carbohydrate-rich fruits like grapes, banana, custard apple and watermelon).
  • Lunch: Two roti with gravy, one bowl with dal or skimmed curd or one bowl with salad.
  • Evening Snacks: Tea or Coffee (sugarless) with high fiber biscuits or Sprouts in one bowl.
  • Dinner: Two chapattis with vegetable, or one glass of skimmed buttermilk or salad in one bowl.

Continue your ongoing treatment and also take Tablet Volibo 0.2 mg (voglibose) twice a day before lunch and dinner for seven days.

Follow up after seven days with your fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

My mom feels dizzy and weak with diabetes medicine. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 53 years old. She is a diabetic and under medication. Her list of medications is as follows: For diabetes, Glyciphage SR 1 gm (1-0-1) and Volibo 0.2 (0-1-0). For cholesterol, Stator 10 (0-0-1) and for stamina, Stamina-OD (1-0-0). Under medication, her sugar levels before ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep V Nair
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I can gather from the details given, your mother is having uncontrolled blood sugar value. The possible reasons might be lack of exercise and poor diet control. The target blood sugar values that your mother should attain are between 100 and 130 before food and betwee...  Read Full

Can a diabetic patient have brown rice?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. My height is 6 feet height and weight is 90 kg. I have been a hypertensive for the past ten years. My fasting sugar generally comes in the range of 100 to 130; PP 140 to 170 and A1c level is 6.6. Should I start medicine for this? For hypertension I am taking Losar...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your levels are indicating that you are diabetic. But, the values are not that high enough to start on medications. I recommend you to start diabetic diet and exercise regularly. Also, repeat your fasting blood sugar (FBS), postprandial blood sugar (PPBS), and Hb...  Read Full

Is it necessary to take medicines for tricuspid regurgitation and aortic stenosis separately?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife aged 72, weight 65 kg, is a diabetic type 2 for the past six years, hypertensive for the past two years, is suffering from moderate tricuspid regurgitation, aortic valve sclerosis, and pulmonary hypertension for the past two years. Her systolic function is good and there is no d...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. On the face of diabetes and hypertension with raised cholesterol and LDL, I suggest you add tablet Rosuvas (Rosuvastatin) one tablet daily after dinner. Consult your doctor. I think the dose of anti-diabetes medicine could be adjusted to reduce his blood sugar level to ...  Read Full

Ask a Diabetologist Now