Q. I am diabetic, and my penis is shrinking day by day. Please help.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2021 and last reviewed on: Mar 16, 2021

My penis is shrinking day by day and I have high diabetes.

#

Control your blood sugar level and do a blood flow doppler study on the penis.

I do not want a doppler test as I do not want to disclose myself.

#

Erectile dysfunction or shrinking in the penis occurs in diabetic patients due to uncontrolled HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) levels. So it results in causing atherosclerosis or blockage of blood vessels in the penis causing erectile dysfunction or shrinkage in size. Follow a strict diabetic diet. Check your HbA1c levels and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) levels frequently. Try to keep HbA1c levels below 7. Take a good nutritious diet with multivitamin and calcium supplements. Try to do moderate exercise daily for 25 minutes. If you have a problem with erection, then you can take tablet Sildenafil 50 mg half an hour before intercourse. Doppler test is done by a radiologist and it is confidential. Have a follow-up after getting the reports.

What is the medicine given for having improper blood flow in the penis?

#

There are two methods. If there is a blockage in the major vessel, then it has to be removed or it can be treated by taking a blood thinner. But this has to be done only after doing radio imaging.

Thank you for helping me a lot.

#

Have a follow-up after getting the reports soon.

|