Q. My small penis creates an inferiority complex when using public toilets. Help.

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a 28 year old male. I am married and have a child. But, my penis is small. It is 2 inches in the normal stage and 4.2 inches during erection. I do not have any sexual issue. I have a good erection and my wife is getting an orgasm. But, the issue is I cannot use the public toilets or swimming pool. I am depressed due to the penis size. Please advise good medicines to increase the size.



Welcome to

I read your query and understand your concerns.

  • First of all, I would like to inform you that you have an absolutely normal size of the penis and there is nothing to be ashamed about the size. The normal size of penis ranges between 3 to 5 inches while erect and 2 to 4 inches while flaccid. Your size of 2 inches while flaccid and 4.2 inches while erect is completely normal.
  • In addition, I would like to inform you that the size of the penis does not matter for your female partner as only the outer one-third of the vagina is sensitive and anything above three inches is useless when it comes to pleasure of women. A size above three inches may have a psychological benefit and no real advantage is observed till date.
  • Now, regarding increasing the size of the penis, no medication exists for this purpose. The only option to increase the penis size is a surgical correction and that is advisable only if there is micropenis (less than 2 inches).
  • I also take this opportunity to advise you to gain confidence in your work and social life rather than by penis size. It is rightly possible that with a good reputation you will be able to focus on your achievements, in contrast to something such as penis size.
  • I would also like to caution you to avoid experimenting with different marketed products as they are likely to cause more damage than benefit.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.

For more information consult a sexologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

But, I am worried about the size alone. I am not able to use the public toilet and swimming pool as it creates an inferiority complex. I have very less facial hair. So, that made me think I have a hormone issue. Please opine. And, from the last three days, I am taking Tentex Royal. Is it good to take it? Please advise.



Welcome back to

  • The presence of less facial hair does not mean you have low testosterone. Rather than a hormonal issue, it has more to do with genetics. In case you suspect there is a hormonal issue, you can get it checked at the laboratories which can test the level in a precise way.
  • For this purpose, you can request for a serum testosterone test from a nearby laboratory. The test is available at most standard labs.
  • Now, regarding the Tentex Royal, I would like to state that it is an Ayurvedic medication and my knowledge about it is limited. However, as per the available details of plants used for the preparation of this medication, there are two principal purposes for this medication which includes erectile dysfunction and low sex drive. Both the conditions of which are not applicable for you and I do not find any rationale for its use.
  • You are right to state that it helps in increasing the testosterone, but I doubt whether you have low testosterone until it is proved by the tests. My doubt is based on the fact that a low testosterone often leads to low sex drive which is again not applicable for you.

I hope this answers you further. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions. Wish you great health ahead.

For more information consult a sexologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I have facial hair, weight gain, and breastmilk secretion even after two years of delivery. Please help.

.. the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from facial hair, weight gain, and continuous breast milk production. I have gone through your investigation reports (attachments removed to protect the...   Read full

Do I have a higher risk of getting heart attack as my grandmother and father died due to it?

Hi doctor, I am a 24 years old married woman. My last period was 18th of last month, but I did not get my periods till now. I got a pregnancy test, but it was negative. My hemoglobin is 12. Why did I not get my periods still?...   Read full

My penis has a narrow opening as the lower attachment is not broken down. Please help.

Hi doctor, I am a 24 years old married woman. My last period was 18th of last month, but I did not get my periods till now. I got a pregnancy test, but it was negative. My hemoglobin is 12. Why did I not get my periods still?...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

My triglycerides level was 207 mg/dL. Is it necessary to take medicine?
Hi doctor, Recently, I got a lipid profile done, and the triglycerides level was 207 mg/dL, apart from that everything ...  Read more»
My lipid test report shows quite high values. Kindly advice.
Hello doctor, I am 35-years-old. My cholesterol level is 222, triglycerides 87, HDL (cholesterol) 60, LDL (cholesterol)...  Read more»
Triglycerides - Causes, Medications, Symptoms, Risk Factors, and Treatment
Triglycerides are derivatives of glycerol and fatty acids. They might sound simple but the causes and symptoms contribut...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.