Q. My mother suffers with loose motion of 11 times a day for about 2 months. How to help her?

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 08, 2021

My mother is 70 years old. She has been suffering from loose motion since last 2 months. She is going toilet 9 to 11 times in a day. Most of the goes times her stool is watery. From 2 am she starts going toilet 6-7 times till 10 am and then from 2 pm to 6pm she goes 5 times toilet. Quantity of stool is sometimes less and sometimes more. She feels colitius pain always and after food its too much. Her stool report is ok. During toilet too many gyas passes on. She has taken Bifilac, Loperamide, Zenflux-OZ for 5 days and again the same for 5 days. She has been taken the injection of Zone 1MG for 5 days twice in a day and Amakasin 500 for three days twice in a day and NzarForte, Zinkovit.. But no improvement has been marked till now. She has taken ORS daily. She doesn't take outside food. She has high BP and before four years she had witnessed brain stroke. She is taking BP medicines daily. She always feels thirsty. Kindly suggest the best remedy for her recovery.

#

Hello

Dear she may be suffering from chronic diarrhoea which may be due to

1. Chronic infection ( bacillary or amoebic dysentery)

2. Lactose intolerance.

3. Ulcerative colitis or chrons disease.

4. Gluten sensitivity.

5. Mal obsorption syndromes.

6. Fungal over growth.

7. Leaky gut syndrome etc.

So along with above drugs use tablet. Rifaximine 200 mg thrice a day for five days. Avoid milk related products. Thrust may be due to dehydration. So give ors solution orally. If symptoms not improved please get it done colonoscopy and stool culture and sensitivity. Take care.

|