Q. I am not able to concentrate in the class or studies. Please help.

Dr. Vijendra Chaturvedi
Published on Feb 02, 2019

I am a 19-year-old girl, weight 38 kg, height 5 feet. So my problem is related to brain concentration. Earlier up to school, I had good concentrating power. After schooling, I started preparing for entrance exams and it has been two years preparing for the same but now I feel that I have trouble concentrating over questions, concepts during class or while doing self-study. Please help.

#

Lack of concentration can be due to several reasons, most common reasons are stress, lack of sleep, disinterests in the project and lack of motivation. Here are some tips and the principle by which they help you.

Minimum seven hours sleep helps to reinforce the memory, and re-energize you for the next day. Regular routine, especially sleep timings, starting from your meal times, the time you visit the library, and workouts, keep it regular. Improves your time management, keeps you healthy and prevents loss of time due to sickness. Eat healthy. Eat what suits your taste and digestive capacity. Eat from only hygienic places. Again this helps prevent the unnecessary sick leaves.

Non-study activities. It is a must, it gives a break to your mind which is already stressed by continuous and monotonous study hours. It could be anything starting from prayer, meditation, sports activity, work outs, morning or evening jogs. Have a healthy study group. Do not be selfish with your group, be contributory towards your group. It has multiple benefits, it acts like a mnemonic helping you remember facts in relation to place our person you discussed it with. It gives a sense of easiness to find many people are with you on the same boat. It acts as a strong motivation, if there is a healthy and friendly competition among the group members.

Stay away from distractions like the internet. Keep distance from people who speak negative most of the time. Try to be in company of people who are highly charged in energy. All the best.

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Stress

Article Overview: Stress is the body’s normal response to any stimuli. It is the feeling of emotional or physical tension. Everybody gets stressed at some point in their life, which is rational and also helpful to perform under pressure. Read Article

Dr. K Sneha

What Is Stress? Stress is the body’s normal response to any stimuli. It is the feeling of emotional or physical tension. Everybody gets stressed at some point in their life, which is rational and also helpful to perform under pressure. But, prolonged periods of stress is not good and might have ad...  Read Article

Are you addicted to tea/coffee? - Caffeine addiction and its implications

Article Overview: Everybody knows that coffee and tea contain caffeine. But, did you know that caffeine is present in over 60 plants species including chocolate? Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Surabhi
General Medicine Physician

Use of caffeine rich food dates back to at-least 350 A.D. when the cultivation of tea started in China. Not only tea but consumption of Coffee also dates back to about middle of 17th century. Since then there has been no looking back and consumption of both tea and coffee has increased by leaps and ...  Read Article