Q. I have a harsh pain in the left side of lower abdomen. What is the cause?

Published on Nov 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 03, 2019

I am a female aged 50. I have awful pain in the lower abdomen for four days. I have a pain in the right arm and the left side of lower abdomen. My abdomen is bloated and sore. My bowels are moving. I gave up Seroquel a few weeks ago. I have IBS and diverticulitis.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

• I went through your post. You have underlying IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), diverticulitis and you are possibly in perimenopausal period. Your predominant complaint is left lower abdominal pain which could either be because of diverticulitis or due to a kidney stone or urinary tract infection.
  • You will need a urine examination and ultrasonogram of the pelvis.
  • Meanwhile, I would advise you to start a genitourinary antibiotic, preferably Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily and a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) like Naproxen as and when needed.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Why am I having black or brown discharge instead of my periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I have to get my periods this week. But I am getting black or brown discharge. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Symptoms, Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Irritable bowel syndrome is one of the annoying gastrointestinal tract diseases because of the chronic nature of the disease and the variety of symptoms that can interfere with your daily life. Read Article

Dr. Mahmoud Abdallah Elashkar

Irritable bowel syndrome is a functional disturbance of colonic motility without organic causes. IBS is characterized by abdominal pain and altered bowel habits. Causes:  Unknown, but psychological disturbance plays a role. Symptoms: IBS is known to have a long history with long interval pe...  Read Article

Does my hCG level indicate failing intrauterine or ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am pregnant about five weeks. However, my Hb is 13.2 but beta hCG is 106.2 and after 48 hours it was 108.4. Is it failing intrauterine or ectopic? Or what should I do now? Currently, I am not taking any medicine.  Read Full »