Q. Why do I feel weak with low BP and inability to stand properly?

Published on May 30, 2019

I am a 27-year-old man. Sometimes, I feel very weak. My BP goes down and I am unable to stand properly. Also, there is a pain in my foot. Please tell me the treatment to cover this type of problem.

Hematology Pathology
#

You have two main concerns.

The weakness is not due to low blood pressure. The low blood pressure can lead to dizziness and inability to stand as described by you. For that try to maintain hydration with lots of water and whenever you feel dizziness take salted food and fruit juices. You can check your blood sugar level as well. For tiredness, I suggest you investigate with serum potassium, serum sodium estimation, serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) estimation, CBC (complete blood count), liver profile, and kidney profile. You can revert back with reports.

For pain in the foot, avoid prolonged standing or walking. It is advisable to investigate with X-ray foot for further work up. You should get checked your serum calcium and vitamin D level as well.

Does long term usage of Ismo trigger low blood pressure and vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 75-year-old male. I had IHD 40 years back. 23 years back, my doctor asked me to add Ismo 10 mg twice a day. Since then, I am taking it twice a day uninterruptedly. Then I was 54 years old. My BP has always been normal in all these years. Maybe 150/80 or 140/90 till a few years b...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, Ismo (Isosorbide Mononitrate) is given for angina or chest pain. If one is not having it without Ismo then it may be stopped. So it is not an absolutely necessary medicine in absence of angina. Next thing, it can cause low BP, and low bp can cause dizziness....  Read Full

Is it risky to undergo surgery with low blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, My 19 year old daughter is having a benign tumor in the liver, predicted as FNH. It has been advised to be removed under surgery, since the tumor is growing in size although insignificantly. She is having a blood pressure reading of only 90/60 mmHg normally for months together. Can she go...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sukhdev Garg
Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, FNH - focal nodular hyperplasia is a benign condition as you are already explained. Secondly, blood pressure in the range of 90/60 mmHg is quite common in teenage females. Before surgery, she will undergo some routine tests to rule out any othe...  Read Full

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full >>

Dr. Geethu Thomas
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on descriptive history, I come to the conclusion that it started off as a viral infection (a sore throat) and has progressed to a secondary bacterial infection which has manifested as a cough with phlegm and due to phlegm accumulation in your sinuses, you are experi...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now