Q. I have low blood pressure. Kindly advise.

Dr. Rajesh Gulati
Published on May 30, 2019

Is low blood pressure of 102/72 anything to worry about?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Geriatrics Medical Oncology
#

No, low blood pressure is not to be worried much but you should take little high protein diet and sodium diet. Keep an active lifestyle and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to maintain good blood pressure and keep away the weakness. Keep getting your blood parameters checked as it is beneficial for one to stay updated with your vital parameters.

Why do I get anxiety and hot flushes at 4 PM everyday?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently was referred to a renal specialist for low sodium levels by my primary care physician. After a complete kidney workup, he said that they were functioning well. But, he changed my hypertension medicine from Lisinopril to Losartan and discontinued my diuretics. As a result, my...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure why he was reluctant to put you back on Lisinopril when you had no real issues with it in the first place. Both Lisinopril and Losartan are sister medications but from two different groups that works pretty much in the same way. If your kidneys are tolera...  Read Full

I have low blood pressure and heart rate with palpitations. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having heart palpitations. I have low blood pressure and low heart rate.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You should know that some palpitations are quite normal in every healthy individual, especially during physical activity and anxiety. Anyway, as you are feeling them more frequently lately, I would recommend consulting with your attending p...  Read Full

What to do for frequent drop in sodium level?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is out of coma and on regular physiotherapy. However, we have a major concern now with frequent drop in his sodium level. Every five to six days his sodium level drops to 110-120. When that happens, his consciousness level goes down and stops body movement or response. He is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to note that he is having problems with sodium levels. I suggest the following. Disturbances in sodium level indicate that there has been damage to the brain structures (hypothalamus) that control the levels of sodium in the blood. One should identify the cor...  Read Full