Q. Why do I need MRI for depression, headache and double vision?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2020

I have headaches and double vision. I am in depression, crying at any time and not concentrating on things. I visited a psychiatrist and she advised me to get an MRI of the brain. Is her advise right? Is it necessary to get an MRI?

#

• But, the presence of headache and double vision point towards some intracranial pathology such as tumor, abscess, complex vertebral malformation among others and this cannot be detected without test.
  • In my view, you should go for the MRI test without delay as it is necessary.

For further information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|