Q. Is Ecosprin 75 mg mandatory during pregnancy?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I am a 34-year-old female. I am on my second pregnancy. My last menstrual period was a month ago. Last month my beta hCG was 2708 mIU/mL, and transvaginal ultrasound showed GA (LMP) 5 weeks. Gestational sac 0.66 cm (no yolk sac or fetal embryo seen). A single intrauterine pregnancy with left corpus luteal cyst. I was suggested to take Ecosprin 75 mg, Folic Acid, and Progesterone injection weekly. Kindly advice.

#

Your details show that there is no yolk sac seen on the scan until now (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but you have not mentioned any query. I suppose you are worrying for absent yolk sac. I would suggest to repeat a scan after a week or so and also repeat beta hCG after 48 hours of the previous test date and check if it is almost doubling or not.

If it is nearly doubling that would mean that your pregnancy is viable. And soon yolk sac will appear, but if the level is falling, then it would mean that abortion might be there. I hope it has helped you. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I want to know whether I need Ecosprin 75? I had a normal delivery the first time with no diabetes or complication (four years back). I want a second opinion.

#

Ecosprin is Aspirin which is used to prevent blood clotting, and in pregnancy, it is being used to avoid miscarriage. So there is no harm in using it rather it might be beneficial. Your doctor might have suggested it as a precautionary measure to prevent miscarriage. You only would have to take for a few weeks, and it can be discontinued. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|