Q. I behave like a 10-year-old kid. Do I have dyspraxia?

I am a 24-year-old male. My main issue is people say that I behave like a 10-year-old boy. I think I have dyspraxia. I lack gross motor skills. I cannot play any sports. I cannot drive a car properly. People get averted due to my behavior. I have bad handwriting and I attempt things in a clumsy way. I have an unusual gait. So basically I have learning disabilities in everything. I have a migraine and bipolar depression too. People often tell me that there must be definitely some maturity problem with my brain as I behave very oddly. Please look for any developmental anomalies in my brain MRI or any abnormalities. I have attached the file.

Currently, I am using 5-HTP anti-depressant for my mood enhancement.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

As discussed earlier, there is no doubt about the diagnosis of motor coordination disorder or dyspraxia. Many of your problems can be explained on the basis of dyspraxia itself and I feel you are right in saying that you have dyspraxia. However, your current post does not contain any file or attachment for view. I request you to attach the file in proper format or possible way so I can see whether there is any structural abnormality.

| 

I have attached the file.

#

I have reviewed all the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with your query and found nothing abnormal in these images of the MRI brain. In other words, there is no significant structural abnormality among the attached images and they can be considered normal.

You may argue that how can they be normal when there are clear clinical symptoms of dyspraxia but I like to inform you that MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) cannot identify each and every abnormality in the brain.

In dyspraxia, there is connection abnormality rather than structural abnormality and may not be possible for the current set of tests to detect every abnormality. The postulated theory suggests that the brain areas responsible for particular movement fail to send signal to relevant muscles leading to movement abnormalities. There may be some subtle abnormalities in the parietal lobe of the brain or/and cerebellum in a few individuals but many of the affected children have normal structural organization when MRI imaging is done.

| 

Why am I having dysphagia only with solid foods?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had dysphagia for six months. I have been taking Omeprazole for three months. However, I have been going for tests including blood tests, endoscopy and barium swallow and all are completely normal. It is only with solid foods and with every meal it is worse the worst ...  Read Full »

There is a white mass above my teeth in MRI. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a brain MRI nine months ago. The report came back completely normal. I decided to look at the images last night and I noticed this bright white mass above my teeth. Either the mass is near my teeth or in my sinuses. I am worried that I have a tumor growing and it was looked over...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for developmental dysplasia of hip.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby girl has got developmental dysplasia of the hip. DDH was suspected at 3.5 months when there was slightly limited hip abduction and the ultrasound showed signs of physiologically immature hip, Graf type IIa on both sides. In right side, the alpha angle is 57 degrees a...  Read Full »

Ask an Andrologist Now