Q. I get bleeding from my left ear with no pain. Why?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

I have blood flowing from my left ear without pain. Please help.

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Most common reason for bleeding from the ear is due to trauma. There is nothing that you need to worry about as this is extremely common. Make sure you do not use earbuds as they often traumatize the ear canal or eardrum and introduce infections. Please do not use headphones or earphones as well, until it heals. Make sure you keep the ear dry, make sure no water enters the ear at any cost.

For now you can apply Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) ear drops three drops thrice a day and take tablet LCZ (Levocetirizine) 10 mg one tablet at night after meals for the next one week (this will reduce any itching). Make sure that there is no pus like discharge from the ear because in such a situation, the infection of the eardrum is more likely and will require systemic oral antibiotics.

| 

Why do I have some discomfort after using a Q-tip?

Query: Hi doctor, When I was using Q-tips to clean my ears, I slipped and I may have gone a little too deep with one. I felt a little discomfort in my ear. That was three days ago and I still feel a little weird in that area. Could I have ruptured or punctured my eardrum? Is it important to go to an ear...  Read Full »

I got ear infection after over masturbation. Will it get cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have tinnitus for the last two weeks. I am taking tablets, but there is no improvement. I do not know the cause. The doctor, whom I visited, said that my nose hole is rooted in such a way that my ear gets infection like that. Also, my ear has pus inside. I think...  Read Full »

Will antibiotics affect the sputum report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have cough for about a week. It is a mild one with a bit sore throat. So, I did my sputum test in a laboratory and the following are the results I received today. Acid fast bacilli smear - acid fast bacilli not detected. In sputum culture and sensitivity, culture - negative, organism - ...  Read Full »