Ear Bleeding

How to treat my ear bleed with mild pain?

Query: Hello, doctor. I currently have a problem with my left ear right now. And I can't get it checked up due to quarantine, so I may need your assurance. I scratched my ear while I was asleep the other day, surprised to be awaken by a sudden pain inside my ear. It was very painful. I assume it go...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, the way you are describing your ear symptoms it seems like you have just scratched off the skin of your ear canal.. since the skin of the ear canal is very thin it takes time to heal.. when at home please do not use cotton to close the ear canal.. since there is chance of fungal ear infecti...  Read Full »

Why do I get bleeding from my left ear without pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood flowing from my left ear without pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most common reason for bleeding from the ear is due to trauma. There is nothing that you need to worry about as this is extremely common. Make sure you do not use earbuds as they often traumatize the ear canal or eardrum and introduce infections. Please do not use headp...  Read Full »

Will hearing loud noise and using earbuds cause bleeding in ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I witnessed bleeding in my left ear all of a sudden. I am listening to recordings and on phone calls continuously for the last one month, to have a clarity of what other person is talking. I am using high volume. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Narasimharaju B G

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your question was incomplete. Did you have pain or having pain now? How much was the bleeding? Is there any swelling in and around the ear? Did someone hit you on your ear? Were you exposed to sudden loud sounds like a cracker? Did you use earbuds or put any other objec...  Read Full »

I have sinusitis with ear blockage and nasal drip. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, 25 years old, 159 cm and 52 kg. I have experienced sinusitis last year, I felt pressure behind my left eyes and it went away after 4 days. Then I noticed my left ear is slightly blocked and slight post nasal drip, I went to a ENT specialist at my vacation destination and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, happy that you could connect over here, in times of outbreak when going outside will not be safe. I have read your query and you have mentioned everything so clearly. Now coming to the point of your query, the symptoms you are experiencing...  Read Full »

Does bleeding from ear due to q-tip mean damage to eardrum or bony canal membrane?

Query: Hello doctor, When cleaning out my ear, I forced the q-tip too deep and blood came out. There was no stream of blood, but after mostly lying on my side while sleeping, I found very small dots on my pillow (I would say the size of the tip of a pencil). There is little to no hearing loss after a full...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjeev Davey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please see an ENT specialist as early as possible to get your eardrum checked.  Read Full »

Why am I having bleeding from ear canal after Q-tip cotton removal?

Query: Hello doctor,I went to the urgent care around 1 PM today for what I thought was cotton bud from Q-tip in the ear but the doctor said it came out and everything looks fine and that it is a bit red and gave me some antibiotic drops to use but have not picked them up yet from the pharmacy. At 3 PM my e...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As your ENT doctor had already examined your ear and says no cotton is inside that means only infection is there. I think if blood is coming out from the ear and your hearing is impaired than thorough examination and some necessary investigati...  Read Full »