Q. Even after septoplasty, why is my ear still blocked?

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ear Blockage or Steam Inhalation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I recently got a septoplasty. My problem started two months ago when I had a breathing problem, and my ear was also blocked. I used to have mild pain in my ear. The doctor checked my ear, and he said it is fine. He said that my Eustachian tubes are blocked, and I had a deviated nasal septum. The doctor suggested septoplasty, which will help resolve breathing problem as well as open up my Euschtasian tubes. It has been 24 days since the operation, and my breathing problem is over, but my ear and tubes are blocked. I went to the doctor again, and he did suction. He told me to continue steam inhalation and wash. But there is no effect on my ear, and it stays blocked. Sometimes, I get mild pain, and it is always full. Is there any other way to remove the block? Is something stuck inside my tube, as no mucus comes out when I do steam inhalation? It is very uncomfortable. Please suggest.