Q. My 4-year-old child is suffering from fever, headache, and ear pain. What to do?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

My child of four years is suffering from fever since 8 .00 am today abot 100f.also tells about headache and pain in ear. Befor a month ago doctor had told that peep is producing in ear and he treated. Now it seems that there is no tonsil.only fever, headache and ear pain

#

Hi!

The child would be having a mild infection in the adenoids which would have caused the ears to get blocked and cause pain and sometimes even discharge.

You can consider the following treatment

• Syp augmentin 475mg 3ml three times a day after food for next 1 week.
  • Syp sinarest 4ml three times a day after food for next 1 week.
  • Syp ibugesic plus 4ml in the morning and evenimg for next 1 week.

Do not let water enter the ear. Do not clear the ear with cotton or ear buds. Make sure complete treatment is taken. Do not give anything cold to the child for next 1 month. I hope this answers your query. If there is anything more you want to know or enquire, please do let us know and we will get back to you ASAP. Warm regards

|