Q. Why is there some discomfort after using Q-tip?

Dr. Anuja Rajendra Sonawane
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

When I was using Q-tips to clean my ears, I slipped and I may have gone a little too deep with one. I felt a little discomfort in my ear. That was three days ago and I still feel a little weird in that area. Could I have ruptured or punctured my eardrum? Is it important to go to an ear doctor immediately?

#

• As reported there are high chances that you might have ruptured your tympanic membrane.

For further information consult an audiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/audiologist

No, there was not any blood. What should I do? Is the damage permanent?

#

• If there is no bleeding from ear, then still consult an ear specialist to clear the doubt.
  • Even if there is perforation it could be treated. Damage is not permanent in most of the cases and it could be cured.

For further doubts consult an audiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/audiologist

|