Q. I recently had a breakup and moved to a new city for job. How to cope the situation?

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas
Published on Nov 16, 2018

I am 22 years old, female. I moved to a new city, for my job purpose, and I do not have any interest in this city. I do not like and recently my boyfriend broke up with me. After four years of long relationship. Now I cannot get over him. I cannot erase memories. I feel devastated and I am totally alone in this new city. I cannot sleep. I cannot eat properly. I am crying every night. I do not have anyone to share my feeling. I am too much emotional. Also, I have anger issues. I just cannot handle all of this. Please help me.

#

You seem to be facing a number of things at one time. It is indeed a lot at once, but you get through this phase a stronger and wiser self after this life experience. Firstly, you need to talk to someone face to face to vent out, a friend or someone close to you. Try keeping yourself busy, organizing your new room, make a friend or a walking partner. Join some activity or thing you like when you are free, like Zumba, dance class, or gym and ways of looking after yourself. Doing deep breathing exercises, at least three times a day will help you calm, also going for a jog or walk in the mornings preferably. Keeping a diary helps to vent your feelings on day to day basis and help think straight. Meeting up face to face with a psychiatrist will help you deal with your emotions currently and will give you medication if need be after proper evaluation face to face.

How to cope with breakup after long term relationship?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relationship issues need to be settled down before it starts disturbing you. You have to fully understand what it will lead to and how it will affect your life in the long run. When you get into any relationship for more than a year, you start associating and sharing y...  Read Full

Due to constant rejection, I have lost my sex drive. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend and I have been together for 11 months. The honeymoon phase did not last long and on the end anyway. I noticed that within two to three months our sex life really slowed down. At first it did not bother me because he is more of a passive or shy personality. So, I thought I wo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having sex in a long-term relationship is a sign of commitment. For some, sex might not be the only way to show the love. The very fact that he is affectionate to you shows that he loves you. Sexual phase is not the same every time. It is like a see-saw. I advise you to...  Read Full