Q. What causes shrinkage of endometrium on 13th day of cycle?

Published on Aug 05, 2019

I am on a 13-day cycle. My endometrium has shrunk to 7.7 which was 7.9 on 11th day. I am on Ecosprin 75 mg, Progynova 2 mg twice a day, Estrogen cutaneous cream. I was on Viagra vaginal insert for five days from day two. Now it has stopped. So, my question is why is my endometrium shrinking to 7.7 from 7.9? So my RE said will take a call after two days TVS. So, can you tell me what is going on?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

A change of endometrial thickness from 7.9 to 7.7 mm is minimal and can be due to measuring bias. However, an ET of more than 7 and less than 8.5 mm by mid-cycle is an acceptable thickness for implantation. The medications that you are on are fine and should be continued. There is nothing wrong unless you develop irregular shedding or spots which can justify the loss of endometrial thickness otherwise the likely cause is USG measurement bias. Advise is to get a TVS repeated.

| 

Following the previous messages.

Today is my 16 CD, I got a transvaginal ultrasound done and endometrial has decreased to 6.5 mm from 7.9 and my embryo transfer canceled and the doctor has put me on antibiotics Doxycycline and Progesterone tablet for 10 days and asked me to come back on my first day of menses.

So, my question is why is my endometrium lining decreasing inspire of supplements and is it due to infection or autoimmune disease as my ANA is positive, though I met endocrinologist he said is mildly positive and nothing to do with pregnancy. So, I want to know what is going with decreasing endometrial lining or is it because I am 41 years old, female.

I do not have a history of uterus surgery or DNC or any pathology. Pap smear which I did two years back showed inflammatory epithelial and no malignancy so was on antibiotics that time. Just wondering why did my lining reduce.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The only acceptable and proven reason for the decrease in thickness of the endometrium is deficiency or inadequacy of estrogen. At 41, when AMH and estrogen levels are already low, it is likely that the twice a day Progynova 2 mg dosage is inadequate for maintenance of thickness during this cycle. There are no definite reasons or other supplements which can successfully confirm the endometrial thickness during each cycle. If a woman has persistently thin endometrium despite adequate amounts of estrogen, then the chance for pregnancy is reduced.

However, in your case, Progynova 2 mg may be increased to thrice a day in the next IVF cycle to improve and maintain endometrial thickness.It is likely with growing age and each cycle the natural estrogen are constantly decreasing, hence requirement would have increased.

| 

I took two pregnancy tests. One was positive and the other negative. Can you help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I amhyperthyroidand I havepolycystic ovaries. I had my period for just one day last month. It was very light. I, however, took two pregnancy tests two days ago. The first one read positive and the second, which was taken a few hours after read negative. Could you pleas...  Read Full »

My mom was recommended a uterus removal surgery. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is 47 years old. Her periods lasted 15 days. So, she consulted a doctor, who asked her to get a scan done. The scan showed bulky uterus, a mildly thickened endometrium, and a right simple ovarian cyst. She was advised a uterus removal surgery to avoid further discomfort. Kindly...  Read Full »

My wife underwent ICSI. Please go through the reports and provide your opinion.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has undergone ICSI three-day embryo transfer. One cell is compact grade and others are grade-B. She got pregnant successfully and the values were at DPT 14, HCG 577 and progesterone level 23 and DPT 16, HCG 1577 and progesterone level 23. Also, she had undergone TVS, and spo...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now