Viagra

Please explain whether Viagra will cause priapism and low libido.

Query: I read an article online that made me worried. 10 years ago I took a viagra tablet from a night club machine. I have had no problrms since. I keep reading about priapism as a potential long term side effect ( I presume this didnt happen to me i just cant remember) Would I know if i had caused any da...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Thanks for the query Viagra is SILDENAFIL which is chemically a Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor. This cause dilatation of arteries specifically in penis and lungs. Side effect is visual halos, blood pressure dropping and headache. This medicine is also used in Pulmonary Hypertension. Once serious s...  Read Full »

How to treat my problem with poor erection and loss of sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old and just got married last year. I am having a problem maintaining an erection during sex. My feeling of having sex is also reduced a lot. I do not feel like doing it at all. Please do let me know what can be done.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Reduced desire and poor erection can be because of depression and other anxiety disorders. It may also be due to medical illnesses like diabetes, hypertension, etc. So visit a nearby doctor for further evaluation and if the medical cause is found, take treatment accordi...  Read Full »

Does Viagra affect the quality of sperm?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife and I were trying to conceive. The pressure to perform during her fertile window is impacting my ability to get erect. I usually have no problems. Is there any risk to the sperm or baby if I take a small dose of Viagra during her fertile window?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you must be going through; however, if your sperm counts are normal and it is just performance anxiety based erectile dysfunction, you can safely take Viagra 25 mg an hour before the act. It would improve the local blood circulation and would not af...  Read Full »

Why am I suffering from low libido and erection problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male, and I am suffering from low libido and erection problem. I am attaching my reports of free testosterone and estradiol for your advice. Kindly guide and advise. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) appear absolutely normal. Sometimes, loss of libido and erectile dysfunction are purely psychological. Destressing by talking to a psychiatrist or a psychologist helps. Yoga and meditation help as well....  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Viagra is you have an aneurysm?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male with complex medical histories, including a current splenic artery aneurysm, an occluded right vertebral artery, historical major spinal cord trauma from intradural schwannomas (removed twice) and multiple liver hemangiomas. I have had occasional erectile dysfunct...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me, it is better to avoid Viagra as it is a vasodilator. But, the final decision should take after consulting your cardiologist. First, rule out the psychogenic causes of erectile dysfunction. Because, there is no need to take Viagra (Sildenafil), if it is ...  Read Full »

Does Viagra affect a man's fertility?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a query related to the use of viagra. I have the problem of erectile dysfunction. Sometimes, though I get an erection, I am unable to sustain the hardness, and do intercourse. I took Viagra 50 mg once and it worked well. Is it safe to use viagra to get my wife pregnant? Will vi...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about the effect of Viagra (Sildenafil) on sperm or its quality. I like to inform you that the formation of sperm is an independent process from erection. You will be surprised to know that the sperms that will be released...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Manforce 100 mg for better intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I want to know about Manforce 100 mg tablet because my friends are saying this is an excellent tablet for better intercourse. Can I use this tablet?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. Everyone goes through this phase in their sexual life when they doubt their performance naturally and start using tablets or supplements for a better sexual life. If you are a strong, healthy male, without any medical problem, then you will be able to enjoy in...  Read Full »

Can Viagra and antibiotics be taken on the same day?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, weight 69. Currently, I am on medication since last six days for viral fever and taking antibiotics. I am planning to have sex with my fiancee tomorrow. Can I take Viagra and antibiotics on the same day? Please suggest me a better tablet as I am doing it for t...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Yes, it is safe to take Viagra (Sildenafil) with antibiotics. But if you are taking antibiotics of Azithromycin class then I suggest taking lower doses of the drug or preferably avoid. The drug is safe with other antibiotics classes com...  Read Full »

I have a mild headache after having Viagra for sex. Could you please suggest a more sustained therapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hard erections for a long time, and I have to take Viagra to have sex. After having Viagra, the problem is that I have a mild headache. I have been searching for some herbal supplements for long and do not know whether they are safe or not. Could you please suggest a more susta...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaints, you may have erectile dysfunction (ED). Reason for erectile dysfunction includes, 1. Decrease sensation of the penis that can be due to infection, diabetes, spinal injury, and recent masturbation. 2. Stress due to work or family relate...  Read Full »

Is it safe for a hypertensive patient to take Viagra?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 51 years being treated for coronary ectasia and hypertension. I am taking the following medicines now. Tablet Clopilet 75 mg, Warf 2.5 mg and Nebicard H. Can I take Viagra for erectile dysfunction?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar Atreya

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The drug Viagra (Sildenafil) can cause potential side effects alone and certainly in combination with the above drugs. It can cause hypertension and even the heart attack also. So it is not safe in the asked context.  Read Full »