Q. Why do I have pain during intercourse, spotting after, and burning on urination?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 19, 2021

I have pain during intercourse. I have spotting after having burning urine. I have chronic pain and it is getting worse. I am taking birth control pills. I consulted a doctor and they told me that I do not have any STI or STD.

#

If the infections are ruled out, then chronic pain can occur due to a condition called endometriosis. You can have severe pain during periods. In worse cases, you have pain while passing motion or while having sexual intercourse. Do an ultrasound to rule out endometriotic cysts. Have a physical examination by consulting a gynecologist to look at your cervix to find the cause of post-coital spotting. As there is burning during urination, then it can be due to urinary tract infection. Do a urine culture and sensitivity testing. Drink plenty of water. You can start taking appropriate antibiotics after knowing the results of the sensitivity test.

You need to do ultrasound abdomen and pelvis, urine routine and microscopy, and urine culture and sensitivity.

You can have UTI (urinary tract infection) or endometriosis.

Treatment can be taken after having proper evaluation and diagnosis is reached.

Drink plenty of water. Take three to four liters a day.

|