Q. I am getting lumps in both armpits. Are these lumps serious?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2019

I am a 22 year old female. I am getting lumps in my armpits and they are painful. I sweat a lot. I have dark underarms and it is itching too. Are these lumps something serious? Should I consult a doctor?

#

I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.

These could be enlarged lymph nodes. They may occur when there is a source of infection in the body. Another possibility is secondarily infected fungal infection.

1. A course of oral antibiotics is required for one week. You can take Co-Amoxiclav (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice daily for five days.
2. Along with that, you may take tablet Serratiopeptidase which will help to control the pain and inflammation.
3. Topical antibiotic like Fusidic acid to be applied over it twice daily for one week. After one week, we will access the condition and further treatment will depend on that.

Try to keep this area dry. You can use Aldry lotion (Aluminium chlorohydrate) overnight for the same or use an antifungal dusting powder.

Revert back after a week to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

For me pimples occur regularly and they leave spots which take a lot of time to vanish. Sometimes, they remain for long time. I do not have too many pimples, but they occur near upper lips. What to do?

#

• For mild acne, you just start with Benzoyl peroxide cream applied at night time or Clindamycin during the day.
  • If it does not improve then oral antibiotics like Azithromycin or Doxycycline can get started with consent of your doctor.
  • A sebum regulating face wash, usually containing Salicylic acid will be helpful. A non-comedogenic sunscreen should be used regularly during the day.
  • For the scar marks, you may apply Kojic acid or Azelaic acid cream at night time.

1. Avoid oily, junk, starchy food.
2. Drink plenty of water daily and also avoid hair oil application.
3. You can send a picture of your face for further definitive treatment.

Revert back after three weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|