I am a 22 year old female. I am getting lumps in my armpits and they are painful. I sweat a lot. I have dark underarms and it is itching too. Are these lumps something serious? Should I consult a doctor?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have read your query in detail and viewed the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and do understand your concern.
These could be enlarged lymph nodes. They may occur when there is a source of infection in the body. Another possibility is secondarily infected fungal infection.Treatment plan:
1. A course of oral antibiotics is required for one week. You can take Co-Amoxiclav (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice daily for five days.
2. Along with that, you may take tablet Serratiopeptidase which will help to control the pain and inflammation.
3. Topical antibiotic like Fusidic acid to be applied over it twice daily for one week. After one week, we will access the condition and further treatment will depend on that.
Try to keep this area dry. You can use Aldry lotion (Aluminium chlorohydrate) overnight for the same or use an antifungal dusting powder.Regarding follow up:
Revert back after a week to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist
For me pimples occur regularly and they leave spots which take a lot of time to vanish. Sometimes, they remain for long time. I do not have too many pimples, but they occur near upper lips. What to do?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
1. Avoid oily, junk, starchy food.
2. Drink plenty of water daily and also avoid hair oil application.
3. You can send a picture of your face for further definitive treatment.
Revert back after three weeks to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My face tone looks uneven and very dull. Can I use Kojivit gel to improve my skin tone along with clearmin soap? Is clearmin soap good? Or please suggest any other soap. Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help. I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now