Q. Will my testes get injured while walking?

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 12, 2021

My testes got injured so many times while walking and when my erection gets lost and my penis fall with some force over the testes. I had a Doppler ultrasound of my testes a month ago and it was normal. But, my testes hang low, separated and they get injured even when my underwear rub there. I feel there is some swelling on my left testis and it pains often such as after a long walk. I am 18 years old. Will such daily injuries affect my hormone and sperm production? Will it affect my erection or cause torsion? Is there any future risk? Can my testis get injured when I hold and press it with my hand? I have enough hair in my pubic region. But, I have not grown good moustache and beard. I am preparing for my exams. But, this is affecting me a lot and I cannot focus on my studies. Please help me.

#

Please relax and do not worry. It would be helpful if you upload pictures of your scrotum.

• Personally, I feel there is nothing wrong or abnormal in you. For every one, testis hangs like you described and with vigorous exercise it can hurt.
  • The daily injuries you described will not cause any hormonal or erection or torsion or any other problem.
  • Also, your color doppler is normal. So, you need not worry at all.
  • I suggest you should wear tight scrotal support. That will keep your testes in an elevated position and prevent this daily discomfort.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|