Q. Why does the color of semen differ?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 29, 2020

I am a 25 year old male. I have been dealing with erectile dysfunction for nearly three years now. My sex drives do come and go, but it is based on the quality of my semen comes out. Sometimes, I have a good sex drive along with a good hard and my semen will come out rich white and a normal amount of it. But, those days when I have trouble in getting hard on along with low sex drive semen comes out with a little tint of yellow. Also, my penis is not fully hard, not as sensitive and aroused. I have dealt with anxiety, but later I have been fine. But, this problem is not getting much better nor getting worse. This problem started three years ago. In the past one year, I am also getting some throbbing pains in the vas deferens. I am not too sure of the area, because it is hard to pinpoint. I feel a pain from the bottom near my testicles to my abdomen and sometimes slight pain in the prostate area. It is a pain that I can feel enough to dismiss it and move on. I know I should get checked. But, first, I would like to get an opinion from a doctor. Thank you.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

Your descriptions are absolutely right.

• The semen looks different at times depending upon how frequently you masturbate. If you masturbate weekly twice, then it will be white and once in 10 days it may be yellowish.
  • In addition, I have a feeling that you are having epididymo-orchitis from the symptoms you have described.
  • You definitely need an examination either by an andrologist or an urologist at the earliest and will require antibiotic for three to six weeks depending upon the clinical examination by the doctor.
  • Usually, it will be associated with prostatitis and will require prolonged treatment with proper follow up or else symptoms will recur.
  • After the treatment you can assess your erection.

For further doubts consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

|