Q. I have a slight pain on the left side of my penis. What could it be?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I have a slight pain on the left side of my penis near the base and a little on the left side of my testicles as well since last Thursday. Everything else is fine. It is just a strange pain. My fiancee was a little rough with me on Wednesday night and I thought maybe it was because of that, but it has persisted until today. What could be the cause? Is it serious? Erections are normal and I am able to have sex, but there is a slight pain sometimes.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your query.

• From your description, there is a possibility of epididymo-orchitis. I suggest taking a one-week course of an antibiotic such as Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily and a pain killer like Diclofenac 50 mg as and when needed, if there is a pain.
  • If the pain persists for more than a week, an ultrasonogram of the scrotum is warranted. 

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

What kind of specialist do I have to visit? A urologist or some other? I will revert to you after a week of taking them.

#

• A general physician will be good enough to take care of this.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|