Q. I have occasional fever with acid feel in chest and stomach pain. What could this be?

Dr. Aleph
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 25, 2020

I have on and off fever since last Friday and been having chest and stomach pain since yesterday (pain somewhere in between the chest and the stomach). I have a loss of appetite and can feel acid coming out of my chest a few times. I also feel like I always need to poop but nothing is coming out when I try to.

I already took Biogesic for my fever but did not took any medicine for the chest and stomach pain. Can you please advise me on what medicines to take and food to take or avoid?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Aleph

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

How high was the fever? Any other symptoms such as cough, colds, body aches, sore throat, and pain during urination? How would you describe abdominal pain, burning, crampy, or stabbing? Does it radiate to the back? If yes, which side? Does it occur after food intake? Do you wake up in the middle of the night because of the pain? Any other symptoms such as yellowish discoloration of the eyes or skin, nausea, or vomiting?

I suggest taking Omeprazole 20 mg, 1 capsule 30 minutes prior to breakfast but may take one dose today.

Complete blood count.

Omeprazole 20 mg one capsule 30 minutes prior to breakfast for seven days, Paracetamol 500 mg one tablet every four hours as needed for fever.

| 

The fever was 38.3°C. No colds, sore throat, pain during urination, yellowish discoloration of the eyes or skin, and not feeling nauseous at all. Just body aches (back pain, back of the chest mainly) since yesterday. I feel acid coming out while eating and after eating and woke up once because I can feel the acid.

Dr. Aleph

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

If the epigastric pain is still persistent it might be best to do an abdominal ultrasound. To further investigate the fever occurrences, I suggest doing CBC (complete blood count) and urinalysis.

If with exposure to any possible COVID cases or living in a high-risk area, I suggest doing rapid antibody test for COVID or PCR. The tests are free and you only need to contact your local health center to do a home visit and sample collection.

| 

Is taking 350 mg of Unisom safe or lethal?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend took a little more sleeping aid than usual (not suicidal) and I was wondering whether 350 mg of Unisom (Doxylamine succinate) is safe or lethal. He is showing signs of being super sleepy. He has a history of depression and drug addiction.  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full »

What are the ways to get rid of high cholesterol?

Query: Hi sir, I am 30 years old male. I am working in an insurance company. No habit of smoking or drinking. My height is 5'10" weight is 84 kg. I am getting left-sided chest pain since two years. I also have left-sided shoulder pain which radiates in the upper back and left hand pain. I had a CT angiogra...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now