Q. Even eating a small amount of food causing constipation and indigestion. Kindly help.

Dr. J N Naidu
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 21, 2021

Chronic nausea, constipation, indegestion, and a burning sensation whenever i eat anything of food size, which is really discouraging. I do deal with major anxiety, and I am on zoloft, and welbutrin. I am underaged, and generally dont go outside often. I dont normally eat healthy but i do constantly drink water. Any help would be very appreciated!! Im so confused as to whats wrong with my body, this has been going on for about 5 months, after i got the stomach flu i was never the same.

I have this problem for 5 months after eating even a small meal. Before 5 months, after eating I got the stomach bug and had a traumatic experience. From there, I began to have nausea, it became worse and worse over the time what it is now.

#

Hi

Your problem appears to be drug induced gastritis. Symptoms include indigestion,nausea, and epigastric pain etc.I have carefully analysed your problem. Intestinal parasites also can cause similar symptoms. Small meals 3 to 4 times daily with more boiled vegetables, fruits (avoid citrus fruits), drink 2 to 3 liters of water, 30 minute physical activity daily like brisk walking/yoga/playing game is essential.

gastritis,intestinal parasites

Nil

drug induced gastritis,intestinal parasites

drug induced gastritis

1.Tums may be discontinued.
2.Pantoprazole 40mg one tab daily in the morning empty stomach for 2 weeks initially.

1.Avoiding spicy fried grilled foods
2.small meals containing mixed diet with boiled vetables.
3.fruits like banana,apple--reduce citrus fruits

Review after 2weeks

|