Epigastric Pain

I am experiencing sharp pain in the area below my left breast and near the rib cage. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old female. I am experiencing sharp pain in the area below my left breast and near the rib cage. Could it be something serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query carefully, before any prescription I want to know few things, 1. The exact location of pain? 2. Type of pain like sharp, cutting, and duration of pain? 3. Any previous history of any disease? 4. Hypertension and diabetes? 5. Current medica...  Read Full »

Why do I have sticky stools, low back pain and loss of appetite?

Query: Hello, I am a 20 year old boy having epigastric pain only early in the morning before going to the toilet. I also have a complaint of sticky stools, lower back pain and loss of appetite. What would be the cause for my problems? Is it curable? Is it due to sexually transmitted diseases? Because,unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramya Marattil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before advising any treatment, I would like to know the following: Since how long have you been complaining of these symptoms? Do you have any sort of abdominal pain or urge for defecation soon after the intake of food? Does the stool have any foul smell or contain...  Read Full »

I feel excessive gas formation and numbness of head. Is it a psychiatric issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been hospitalized for excessive gas and the doctor ran a liver profile which came out normal. So, the doctor diagnosed that my excessive gas formation was due to anxiety and they prescribed Xet CR, Etizola, Clonafit, and Rabekind. I have used Etizolam for three weeks and stoppe...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A lot of individuals with anxiety present with symptoms of epigastric discomfort. This could present as symptoms of excessive gas formation. It is usually accompanied with symptoms like rapid heart rate, sweating, trembling of hands or body, sense of fear, feeling as...  Read Full »

What is the reason for abdomen pain and poor appetite?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an unmarried 35-year-old male. It all started last month when I experienced mid-epigastric pain one fine morning. I took some pain relievers and got rid of that. Then, after almost a week, I got lower back pain on the right side suddenly one morning, then, upper back pain middle ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The scans are suggestive of a systemic disorder rather than a focal lesion, and they perfectly correlate with your symptoms. Please send your ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) levels. For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://icli...  Read Full »

Everything seems to be normal in gastroscopy.But I have stomach pain.Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have stomach pain. I had done gastroscopy, but everything seems to be normal. I have been taking medicines for 3 months but no relief. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few things. are you having pain in the upper stomach, above the belly button? If it is so, you may have ulcer/gastritis. If there is an ulcer, endoscopy findings will be present. If no findings, then it may be acidity (gastritis). Gastritis is due to...  Read Full »

I feel pain in the epigastrium part of my stomach. Is it an acid reflux?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel pain in the epigastrium part of my stomach mostly when I sleep or lay down. It happens only when I lay down at night or daytime.I have heartburn, constipation, gas, bloating in my stomach and I think it may be acid reflux. The interesting part is that all of this happens wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your description it looks like GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). Yes, sometimes it becomes chronic, and it is a very unpleasant feeling. In chronic cases, esophageal sphincter may be incompetent too, which leads to acid reflux. Conservative t...  Read Full »